Yesterday, Chris Sununu betrayed his base, and the overwhelming support given to him by the taxpaying voters of New Hampshire mere weeks ago, ignored a conclusive Danish report finding there is no difference to infections rates amongst mask or non-mask wearers, and, apparently after a call with Biden in which a national mask mandate was discussed, instituted an anti-LFOD, anti-Granite State mask mandate.
Today, as I walked around Dorrs Pond with Nellie, where, for what it’s worth, it felt like business as usual, the majority of people weren’t wearing masks, and a few were, these musing kept me company:
1. The two young men jogging around the pond should NOT have been wearing masks. This notion of forcing healthy people into unhealthy behavior for other people’s fear paradigms needs to stop. There is no hard data to prove masks work, and, in fact, this week’s Danish study found that “face masks may only offer the wearer limited protection against COVID-19 infection. Researchers found there was no statistically significant difference in the number of people who contacted the virus in a group wearing masks in public compared to a group that did not do so.”
2. Other things that don’t seem all that healthy for $100!: According to the CDC, the prevalence of American obesity was 42.4% in 2017~2018. Now there’s a mask mandate that says you can only uncover your mouth in order to stuff it. What could possibly go wrong? Imagine if we had spent the past year trying to actually improve people’s health instead of creating neural brain damage through mass fear-mongering.
3. If masks are effective, and I choose not to wear one, wouldn’t I be at higher risk to die, and given the numerous death wishes I have already received for believing “my body, my choice,” shouldn’t the Control Freaks actually be encouraging me to not wear a mask?
4. Fear is subjective. Nothing *I* do can make *YOU* feel safe. There is no such thing as freedom from fear. How would that even work? Whose fear? What level? Do we legislate for the scaredyest person on Earth (let’s call that Greta-level), or, me? Somewhere in the middle? If everyone wore a mask 100%, would the Control Freaks now suddenly, magically “feel safe”? Or would they just come up with something new, like they have with every other reason for this totalitarian crap? Remember back at the start of the year, “Two weeks for the hospitals not to get overwhelmed”?
5. What is in this year’s flu shot?
Repeat after me: If you want to wear a mask, wear one, if you don’t, don’t. This is how decisions are made in a free society. Each person decides individually what is best for him or her or them.