This week, I’m joined by Ross Connolly of Americans for Prosperity. We discuss criminal justice reform, cannabis legalization proposals, asset forfeiture, and more!
Hong Kong freedom activist Joshua Wong has plead guilty under British Common law to charges stemming from the freedom movement’s protests and activities in the island city over the past year. The charge carries a maximum 5 year prison sentence, but according to the journalist in the clip below, it seems unlikely that he will receive the full term. It is believed these activists plead guilty in order to avoid being charged under Communist China’s new security powers which includes secret court proceedings.
In the clip below, a defiant Wong states:
“No arbitrary power will stop us from activism… We are explaining to the world about freedom through compassion, which we love so much so that we are willing to sacrifice the freedom of our own… May God Bless Hong Kong and we will continue to fight for freedom and now is not the time to kowtow to Beijing, and to surrender.”Joshua Wong, Hong Kong Freedom Fighter
Wong sprung to prominence after his freedom activism was covered in the acclaimed film, Joshua: Teenager vs. Superpower, which documented what happens when the Chinese Communist Party backtracked on its promise of autonomy to Hong Kong, and teenager Joshua Wong decided to save his city. Rallying thousands of kids to skip school and occupy the streets, Joshua became an unlikely leader in Hong Kong and one of China’s most lauded dissidents.
You can read my take on past Hong Kong freedom activism here.
If you are looking for more pro-freedom documentaries, start here with 7 Documentaries to Make You Go Hmm.
Since the New Hampshire Union Leader is incapable of discerning the difference between being “anti-mask” and anti-MANDATE and pro-freedom, and said this in its editorial today, “But the good news with these anti-maskers is the positive effect they will have on the vaccine supply when it arrives in New Hampshire. Surely none of these flat-earthers will be signing up for a shot,” I will no longer do this “newspaper” the courtesy of linking to its articles. I will copy and paste and post them wholesale on my media channels as I see fit. I encourage others to stop linking to Union Leader articles and also just cut, paste, post, and share.
Here is a very good Letter to the Editor from an intelligent writer who actually understands the issue, being: IF WE LIVE IN A FREE SOCIETY, YOU DO NOT OWN ME AND CANNOT MANDATE DECISIONS AGAINST MY WILL OVER MY BODY (aka “my body, my choice”):
“Emergency shouldn’t trump our freedoms
To the Editor: I am writing on behalf of the many constituents who disagree with Governor Chris Sununu’s new mask mandate. We are not inconsiderate murderers who want people to die. We are reasonable citizens, who want to live in a voluntary state where we are free to make medical decisions for ourselves. We should not be forced to give up that right because an emergency is declared.
I’m not debating the efficacy of such mandates or the severity of coronavirus. I’m also aware of CDC and Health Department guidelines, but do not believe their recommendations should be turned into mandates. These entities were not elected to govern us, no matter how many credentials they may have or how grave a crisis may be.
The precedent for restricting freedom has been set and I fear this will go beyond forcing masks on our faces. I’m urging the governor to return to our voluntary system, where heath status remains private, medical decisions are personal, and we maintain our inherent bodily sovereignty.
Let us wear masks as we individually see fit. Let us be responsible for taking care of ourselves and protecting the vulnerable, like we’ve done in pandemics past. This is fair for everyone and will prevent one group of people from forcing their will upon another. This trend will only get worse if mandates continue.
We don’t look to leaders to save us from viruses, but we expect them to defend our civil liberties, even when it is not politically expedient to do so.
Yesterday, Chris Sununu betrayed his base, and the overwhelming support given to him by the taxpaying voters of New Hampshire mere weeks ago, ignored a conclusive Danish report finding there is no difference to infections rates amongst mask or non-mask wearers, and, apparently after a call with Biden in which a national mask mandate was discussed, instituted an anti-LFOD, anti-Granite State mask mandate.
Today, as I walked around Dorrs Pond with Nellie, where, for what it’s worth, it felt like business as usual, the majority of people weren’t wearing masks, and a few were, these musing kept me company:
1. The two young men jogging around the pond should NOT have been wearing masks. This notion of forcing healthy people into unhealthy behavior for other people’s fear paradigms needs to stop. There is no hard data to prove masks work, and, in fact, this week’s Danish study found that “face masks may only offer the wearer limited protection against COVID-19 infection. Researchers found there was no statistically significant difference in the number of people who contacted the virus in a group wearing masks in public compared to a group that did not do so.”
2. Other things that don’t seem all that healthy for $100!: According to the CDC, the prevalence of American obesity was 42.4% in 2017~2018. Now there’s a mask mandate that says you can only uncover your mouth in order to stuff it. What could possibly go wrong? Imagine if we had spent the past year trying to actually improve people’s health instead of creating neural brain damage through mass fear-mongering.
3. If masks are effective, and I choose not to wear one, wouldn’t I be at higher risk to die, and given the numerous death wishes I have already received for believing “my body, my choice,” shouldn’t the Control Freaks actually be encouraging me to not wear a mask?
4. Fear is subjective. Nothing *I* do can make *YOU* feel safe. There is no such thing as freedom from fear. How would that even work? Whose fear? What level? Do we legislate for the scaredyest person on Earth (let’s call that Greta-level), or, me? Somewhere in the middle? If everyone wore a mask 100%, would the Control Freaks now suddenly, magically “feel safe”? Or would they just come up with something new, like they have with every other reason for this totalitarian crap? Remember back at the start of the year, “Two weeks for the hospitals not to get overwhelmed”?
5. What is in this year’s flu shot?
Repeat after me: If you want to wear a mask, wear one, if you don’t, don’t. This is how decisions are made in a free society. Each person decides individually what is best for him or her or them.
|It’s over! The final tally was 44.21% to 55.79%. This is the best showing in a decade of any Republican against the self-proclaimed “Lion of the Senate.”|
Even though I lost to a now 12-term, eighty-two year old incumbent, I narrowed the gap by more than two points, which is impressive when considering how entrenched he is in Manchester, a Democrat stronghold. In Goffstown, it was so, so, so close, with me at 49.13%.
It is, of course, disappointing to have not prevailed, but I am proud of the race I ran. Our efforts will make me unstoppable soon. As a 3rd term State Representative recently said, “Carla, maybe you were sent from the future to lay the groundwork now to win later!?!”
I will continue to build name recognition. I will continue to build a bigger base. I will continue to unabashedly spread the message of liberty. I will continue to cheer on my fellow freedom fighters as they succeed: 94 New Hampshire Liberty Alliance endorsed candidates won their House seats, and 3 won in the NH Senate!
I will write more about what I learned this time, but you can read what I thought in 2018 in this essay, Stay Tuned for the High Notes. I am also currently accepting unlimited contributions to my “Live Free and Thrive!” campaign. Let’s rebuild the coffers so we are ready to go!
Until next time, thanks for YOUR help. Remember, this stronghold for freedom that we are building in New Hampshire is unique, historic, and worth fighting for!
Thank you for continuing to fight with me! Together, we can LIVE FREE AND THRIVE!