“Public health” is an oxymoron. What is “the public” if not made up of individuals? What is “health” if not the state of one’s own body? How can the most personal of things be collectivized in a way that makes YOU deny YOUR OWN INDIVIDUAL PHYSICAL NEEDS for a GROUP?
If ever, you thought, “Ugh, why am I wearing this mask?” but continued to obey, you have some soul searching to do.
If ever you thought, “Wait, these rules in restaurants make no sense,” but continued to obey, you have some soul searching to do.
If you ever thought, “I can’t believe the kids’ schools are still closed,” but continued to obey, you have some soul searching to do.
While searching your soul, perhaps consider the following:
1. Who controls the fear factor in your brain?
2. How were you manipulated into acting against your own physical interests in the name of “care for others”?
3. If you were suckered into such behavior, what can you do to not repeat your failures in the future?
4. What steps are you taking to optimize your health?
5. If your body is a temple but “the public’s” body is a dumpster fire, is it your obligation to risk your health for theirs? (No.)
6. What does it mean if we live in a system where the healthy, responsible, contributing people are being sacrificed on the altar of bad policies protecting those making the poorest choices?
7. Why are only the poorest choices encouraged? Keep in mind, your “public health” officials closed public parks, gyms & green space, told ppl to stay inside, told you not to get sunlight, outlawed safe & cheap medicines that worked, told you to cover your life force with a dirty rag for hours on end, and tried to scare you to death.
I hope YOU will pledge to always mindfully put yourself first. If anyone tells you to do something that “doesn’t feel right,” TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS and DISOBEY. Welcome to the resistance! Live free and thrive!