I wrote this six years ago today. I stand by my words, but should probably update it to include the lies of the past six years, and The Whopper that was 2020.
1. They lied about marijuana, while taking out a patent on the medical benefits of cannabinoids to treat a wide range of diseases;
2. They lied about the food pyramid, and whoops, eggs and saturated fats aren’t bad for you, but that low-fat crap we told you to eat, so sorry;
3. They lied about forensics, after all, why do real detective work when they can make shit up and call it science, Oops, my bad about all those innocent people who got executed or are sitting on death row;
4. They lied about global warming, then when real scientists chimed in, they rebranded it to “global climate change,” and color me amazed, because that is surely as accurate a phrase as you can find to describe *the weather*;
5. They lied about Obamacare, “if you like your plan, you can keep your plan,” they said, “your premiums will not go up,” they said;
6. They lied about WMDs and the reasons to go to war, then they kept (and keep) drumming the same fallacious beats in region after region, because “Support the Troops” is one helluva shield to wield;
7. They lied about money creation, look, we know what we’re doing, we’re just going to keep blowing into this bubble until *POP!* Oh Dear: I have absolutely no idea why your house is now underwater, or where the equity from your tech stock went, but come on, be a pal and help us bail out Wall Street;
8. They lied about inflation, the “basket of goods” excludes the items you need to actually exist, like um, food and energy and stuffs;
9. They lied about the employment statistics, the number drops because people who can’t find jobs eventually give up searching and are no longer tracked, so hey, Life is Rosey, didn’tcha know?;
10. They lied about “a few bad apples” in police departments, but this “epidemic of isolated incidences” is now, thanks to technology, impossible to hide.
The biggest lie of all? That the state needs to exist. To these liars, liars, pants on fire, I say: Your time has come. Begone!