Yesterday, Rosemary Rung, a NH Democrat, posted the tweet below, and I responded asking what we should call anti-freedom people like them. In response to that, some people chimed in, and then, in a reply to someone, I jokingly said: “Live free or comply, you non-essentials!”
Clearly, any thinking human would understand this was a choice point on the NH motto, and that I was not directing my comment to anyone, nor was I threatening anyone with “abusive or harassing” speech.
Regardless, Twitter decided to suspend my account for 12 hours, even after I deleted the post.
In case you haven’t been censored on Twitter yet, let me explain some of the steps:
1. They tell you you’ve violated a community standard, in this case, that my word are “abusive or harassing.” My words aren’t even directed at “someone”.
2. You can either click to acknowledge you have indeed violated a standard, in this case, forcing me to admit that my words are ABUSE AND HARASSMENT, in order to get your account back (this is de facto commie “admit you were wrong!”) or you can appeal.
3. The appeal box only allows a few lines of text, so you cannot make a cogent argument to defend your free speech honor.
4. They then give you another chance to “just delete it,” which, if you’re like me, you think, “Oh, ok, wth, you dumbasses, I’ll just cop to it, just gimme my account back” (that’s “app-crack addiction” right there).
5. Even after you admit to your dirty, dirty free speech violating ways, they STILL suspend your account for a certain period of time (this one for me is 12 hours).
These are the kinds of rules you could expect to see under a fascist regime. Oh wait, that is EXACTLY what Twitter is… a corporation claiming to be a private entity with its own “community standard” while also doing the Regime’s censorship for it.
If you need a primer on this topic, watch the latest episode, No. 34, of The Carla Gericke Show HERE. Please FOLLOW ME on Odysee or watch and SUBSCRIBE on Youtube. Thanks!
TL;DR: Free speech matters. Censorship sucks.